I took advantage of my snowy Friday afternoon to start my 2013 MDSW shawl. The fact that I had the house to myself was the deciding factor to get serious about getting it on the needles. Working the first few rows of a new lace pattern can be painful. See that yellow box on the chart behind the needle? It's where this particular project almost got the death sentence. I could not figure out how to do a kfb in a k2tog AND get the right stitch count to save my life. For 45 minutes I struggled and then some weird knitting miracle happened and it just worked. Don't ask me how or why-it just did and I am grateful. I paid $6 for this pattern.
I knit on for a while longer trying to decide if it was a keeper. After all, if it got me once it may try to do it again. After finishing the entire first page of charts I decided to celebrate by photographing my progress out in the snow. It was 20 degrees out so I thought this shouldn't be a problem.
I just laid the knitting on the icy snow and snapped away.
To my horror, my smoking hot needles began to sink into the snow and all my hard work became a fuzzy blue snowball.
Much to my relief, after a nap on a warm, dry towel, I could see that no real harm was done. By the way, this is Arietta and hopefully you will be seeing a lot more of her one day.
Enough about knitting, there was still snow coming down and I had to get outside. You can't waste a flake around here because you never know if you'll ever see it again.