Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ah Ha!



I have just come to realize that I have been washing my Cormo COMPLETELY WRONG. That mass of wool in the dish drainer has been tortured almost beyond repair. Thanks once again to You Tube and this Knitty article, I have finally figured out how to do it right.



Let's start with how I am going to fix the mess I have already made. I'll have the "correct way to wash fine fleece" photos later but now I have to try to save what I can of the already washed fleece that has dried into nasty lumps surrounded by a cotton candy tangle.



Although I own a flick carder, I never had any idea what they were for until I saw a video of someone flicking some locks.



Wow. It all opens up without tearing the fine wool into short pieces that knot up when you try to spin it. I can now spin right from the lock. I am amazed. I had been working so hard trying to comb it all out and getting nowhere. Who knew it was actually so easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment