Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bits and Pieces








I have got quite a collection of these little paper pieced hexagons. So many now that I need to start thinking of a way to use them. Traditional Grandma's Garden or something more modern? I dunno. I am just having too much fun making them. I cut up a bazillion 2 inch squares and made little charm packs that I carry with me everywhere. They are as portable a project as sock knitting maybe (dare I say it) more so and invite just as much attention. While most of the world thinks they are too clumsy to knit, most everyone can sew a stitch or two so I have been able to convince a few people to give it a go. I only hope that none of them come back to ask me for further advice because other than making these cute little bits I have no idea how to proceed from here.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I've ordered my little paper pieces so the next time I come for a visit it's off to get some material. You made it look like so much fun pinning and stitching while we just sat chatting away. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete