Saturday, October 4, 2008

This One's For You Pete!

I apologize in advance for what I may say today because I am writing this in a Benadryl induced fog. My eyes look like Heather Locklear's in her mug shot. In the spring when everyone else is sniffling and sneezing I am fine. When the cool weather finally arrives and the first leaves begin dropping, I am a miserable MESS. The idea of picking up anything itchy is unbearable. Wool is out. Even the softest of the softest natural fibers give me the heebie-geebies and send me running for a tissue. My spinning wheel will be gathering dust until I feel better. That is a shame because I am all excited about learning how to Navajo ply. I have a bobbin filled with pink lace weight that was going to be my next shawl project. It will just have to wait. To keep my hands busy I began another prayer shawl in that icky acrylic Lion Brand Homespun that was so horrible to work with in the hot summer months. Now that crappy yarn is a blessing because it gives me a reason to use my GORGEOUS new Harmony wood needles. The large sized needles are really spectacular with all those layers of colors running through them. I also owe Lion Brand a big apology because I actually love, love, love the shawl I made this summer from the nasty old stuff. This one is for my daughter and it is in lovely shades of greens and browns. What you see here is only three nights of TV knitting so it looks like it won't be long before little Pete will be getting one of her own.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I can't wait until it's cold enough so I can bundle up in it and have all my friends jealous my mom can make such amazing things!! (feel better, I am in an allergy haze too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made a blanket for my niece who is now 10. I saw it this spring and although it's faded some and a tiny bit pilly, they are still using it as a coverup while watching tv. I was astounded at how well it had survived. No holes.

    ReplyDelete