Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Wednesday WIPs: My Aha Moment

 

I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before but all I needed to do was rip back the toes and add some length on those too small socks I just finished for the Grand. The width was just fine. I picked them up last week on my last visit and I've finished one already. The inside out toe is the original sock. I'm getting ready to rip that one back this week. Using that little darning egg has been a big help in finding those woven in ends.



The other socks I have going on are in various stages. I had hoped to finish those blue socks in August because I've got some Halloween-ish sock yarn I would like to cast on soon. 




I've got one more square to finish in this row of the Hue Shift and I can finally see what's happening. I didn't realize the center decreases were going to shift. This latest section sits on top not next to the first section like I thought. Now it makes sense. 





The Stroll Pi Shawl just hit another milestone. With this last increase round there are now 576 stitches. Yikes. This will keep me busy for a long while.







8 comments:

  1. Amazing progress on your Pi Shawl!! And great fix for longer feet on the Grand's socks. All of your socks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new toe looks like it worked out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the sock alteration!!! The Hue Shift blanket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty colors for the Pi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a LOT of stitches on the shawl! And lots more to go. You can do it! I'm your personal cheerleader.
    The lengthened sock looks great. I probably would never have thought of that.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on the Hue Shift - they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying again to comment. Good thinking on the socks for the little ones. The shawl knitting will carry you through to winter - at least. Or maybe I should speak for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you work on so many projects at once. I used to be able to do it, but having more than one on the needles now drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete