skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pucker Up
It's a good thing I've been ironing out each block on the Zig Zag quilt before I take it over to the machine because yesterday I found a wonky seam. There was a Zig that didn't Zag and it had a big pucker. Thankfully, it was near an end so I could pull the sandwich apart, rip it out and hand sew it back together.
To be on the safe side, I gave it a discreet stitch in the ditch for good measure. Up until then I could say that this particular machine quilting adventure had been uneventful. I'm only doing one block a day to keep from getting tired and making ugly mistakes. I'm using a very fine machine quilting thread so mistakes are not quite so noticeable because try as I might, my default meander always turns out looking like obscene graffiti.
I hadn't been paying enough attention, and didn't realize you had gotten to the quilting stage. It looks great and I'm looking forward to the day when you hold Zig-Zag up and declare it's done.
ReplyDeleteI like using fine thread for the quilting, too, as it is more forgiving and subtle in the effects!
ReplyDeleteThat's going to be lovely!
ReplyDelete