Thursday, September 3, 2026

Off to the Frog Pond

 

All that gray wool showed up and I set right out to get Spiral Chicken's background started. 


I got one corner done and HATED IT. Rip, rip, rip.



The designers vision was a stripey background and I thought I'd take the easy way out and make it all one color. It looked terrible.




So now I've started over after ordering a bunch of colors I hope will work with the main design colors since I've run out of those. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping the rug hooking folks over on Etsy in business right about now. I seem to be ordering something every darn day.
 






6 comments:

  1. I'm hearing, "HATED IT" from "In Living Color" in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Miss Spiral Chicken doesn't seem to want to be finished so she's making life difficult for you. Ha! Hope the new colors are just right.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the plain looked ok but the striped background does look better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least once the wool arrives you can release some frustration with the stabbing for hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy. I bet ripping out rug hooking is tedious and not much fun. However you might as well be pleased with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Spiral Chicken! What a journey you've been on! I think the grey looked find, but you're the master of your project- you must always follow your gut!

    ReplyDelete