skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Cutting Edge
Here is the epic quilting project I was talking about yesterday. It's another kit that Dad and I collected over the years. My goal this year was to work my way through them all and so far I've only managed to almost complete one. That's the Zig Zag. This one was very fall themed so I pulled it out last week to get started on it.
Here's a closer look at the pattern so you can see what it involves. It involves a lot.
There's been So. Much. Cutting. Argh...any pattern that starts with "cut 88 2 5/8 inch squares makes my hair stand on end. I've been cutting piles of 2 7/8 inch, 2 1/2 inch and 2 1/4 inch squares and rectangles all week. I finished up all of it yesterday and maybe today I'll be able to wrap my mind around how all this goes together.
The weekend was rainy and windy but we made it through the storm just fine and here's the Skellys to prove it. This yard, right off the boardwalk and in the flood zone, is full of them doing all sorts of things. They keep it up all year and change them often.
When we went down to the marina to check for flooding we found this car that had three Skellys attached to the roof rack. I'm not so sure this is safe or even street legal. I'd love to see them explaining this to the police.
Skelly Season is definitely here! That's a very pretty quilt pattern.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great quilt to pull out and get to work on! Nice job on the cutting--it will help to piece eventually! Fun skeletons!
ReplyDeleteThe cutting is definitely the hard part! Those all look like pretty straightforward blocks, so once you get through the cutting - you'll be sailing.
ReplyDeleteI just joined a skelly facebook group and I definitely blame social media for those car skellies... you should see what some people are doing to get social media attention with them!
That quilt is epic and I congratulate you on getting the pieces cut out. I'm looking forward to seeing you put it together!
ReplyDeletei actually said uhhhhhh out loud when I saw the picture. You are a brave and talented woman.
ReplyDeleteThe new project is awesome! Such beautiful colors. Sure working on it will bring back many memories.
ReplyDeleteEven skellies want to soak up some sun!
ReplyDeleteThat quilt does look complex. You are very brave to take on this project. Glad you made it through the storm.
ReplyDelete