Friday Fluff: Polwarth and Cormo Sitting in a Tree...
I was kicking myself the day after this year's MDSW because it seemed like I bought the same braid of fiber-twice. They are both very similar in color but one is Cormo and the other is Polwarth. It may have been a good thing after all because I have a plan.
I want to spin enough for a simple little cardigan.
This one to be exact. It's Dust Bunny by Hedgehog Fibres. I saw someone wearing one on a podcast and now I want one too. I'm thinking that I can spin each braid and then ply those singles together and get enough yardage. I read that Cormo and Polwarth are so similar that this can be done without an issue. We'll see.
The handspun Pimpelliese is turning out as pretty as I thought it would. I have several of these but this one will be the softest and fluffiest of the bunch.
And the best news of all this week is that I found the little piece that holds my Spindolyn together. It was in a basket the holds the floss for the Patchwork Automne project that I haven't picked up all summer. I got the basket out to clean it out so I could start stitching on it again and tangled among the threads was this little thing. I have no idea how it got in there but I'm very glad it did. I thought it must have gone out in the trash.
I love your fiber and your plan for it. Dust Bunny looks like a great cardigan. A beautiful Pimpelliese and a found part make this a pretty good week. I hope you have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteThe fiber is beautiful and it will look great in that cardigan pattern!
ReplyDeleteOh that's a pretty cardigan! Your handspun will be perfect!
ReplyDelete