Batten Down the Hatches
Everything has been cancelled here this weekend because of the Nor'easter out in the Atlantic. It's brought us glorious weather all week but today might be difficult for those on the water as the storm moves closer. We are not in sand bag mode but the city was in a tizzy getting ready for the high tide that could be several feet higher than normal today.
All week long the strong tides have brought the water up to almost under the swing set. The Mister and I both said that this would have been very tempting when we were kids. You can swing right out over the water and jump.
The Farmer's Market might be canceled but we did get to see the dedication of a new statue in the koi/sculpture garden yesterday. It's a beautiful, glittery mosaic that's going to catch the sun as it comes over the bay in the morning. I had to laugh at this dude sitting on top of it. We left before the installation was complete so I'll be curious to see what all the fuss about the top of it was.
I hope you and all the battened down hatches fare well. We've just got gusty winds so far, but the predicted rain totals keep going up. It will be interesting to see what that statue actually looks like without the green-shirted guy.
ReplyDeleteHope you are safe and cozy during the storm and have a very happy weekend. Best, Virginia
ReplyDeleteHope you stay safe!
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of you as I watch the storm news on tv. The mosaic statue is already pretty!
ReplyDeleteStay safe. Our daughter and son-in-law law are in New Jersey and the event they traveled to attend got canceled 😞
ReplyDeleteHope you are safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteHope the storm wasn't too damaging!
ReplyDelete