Sunday, July 26, 2026

Baking Day

 

The weather was so cool and crisp yesterday morning that I put Pup in her stroller and went off to the Farmer's Market with The Mister. Oddly, there was no line at the coffee truck so he stopped for one while I admired the scone selection.



This little coffee truck will soon have a permanent location just a few blocks from our house. They've been painting murals on the walls of an old storefront for a few weeks now. 




I didn't buy any scones but I was inspired to come home and bake. Betty has been very productive again this week so she became a tray of chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies. 



They are not the prettiest cookies but they are crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. After a bit of fermenting in the fridge, they puff up like little sourdough boules when they hit the oven. I don't need to have a tin of cookies tempting me in my current inactive state so the good news is Betty doesn't make a lot on any given day and...I can always count on The Mister to eat most of them. 




4 comments:

  1. Can you go back in time and grab me a Winnie the Pooh? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scones all sound wonderful and your cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look good!
    My coworker used to make the best lemon poppyseed scones! It's about the only thing I miss about going into the office, lol. I should email her and see if she'll share the recipe with me!

    ReplyDelete