Life is at its best around here when I get to spend some uninterrupted time in the sewing room. I've got several projects on the go in there that I rarely get to pick up. I made a few more tiny blocks for the Colorwash top. I'm at 165/300. Still a ways to go.
Then I laid it all out and realized I didn't like the dark blue and yellow that I had subbed in for some of the charm squares I had cannibalized from the kit.
There was nothing to do but a whole lot of this. I streamed an old movie from the TCM app and I was finished ripping it apart just as the credits rolled. Now I've got to put it all back together but that's for another day because....





There's something relaxing about ripping seams (but I can probably say that because I didn't just do a whole bunch of it). I wondered how your Taylor Barbie was dressed. It looks like all those NDAs people signed worked.
ReplyDeleteOh ugh - unstitching is not fun.
ReplyDeleteI understand why you probably did not like the darker fabrics but I actually like what you had. Guess there will be some fabric shopping or digging deeper in your stash to replace those blocks and continue.
ReplyDeleteI think of you every single time I read or hear a out her dress.
ReplyDeleteIf it doesn't make you happy, there's naught for it but to rip! The doll clothes making is gonna be amazing!
ReplyDelete