skip to main |
skip to sidebar
You Don't Know Jack
Or maybe you do. If you've been around here long enough you've seen me trot him out every October. I could have finished him last year tbh but I wanted a reason to get him out again. I don't think I can get away with it this year. He needs to be done.
Also in the spirit of the spooky season is a new stitching project. I got out my Halloween grime catcher and my ouija planchette needle minder then pulled out this little Halloween chart that one of you sent me a while ago. It will make its official debut on Tuesday.
I've also done something really stupid. I paid to join this KAL that starts today.
Every morning I do my back exercises on my big ball while watching YouTube videos on the TV and I got totally sucked into this year's mystery shawl KAL. When he (Stephen West) started pulling out all the recommended colorways I remembered I had all of this sitting on a shelf. I'm past the point where I need to collect yarn. I need to use it so I'm giving it my best shot. Will I keep up? Nope. Will I finish? Maybe. What I do know for sure is that it will take me more than the allotted month to finish. A shawl in a month? That's crazy talk.
Jack has such an adorable smile; maybe he's happy he might be completed this year. And that Color Kaleidoscope KAL looks great. KALs (especially mystery ones) aren't my cup of tea, but I'm looking forward to seeing you knit with those colors!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wonderful soap package which arrived yesterday! It smells wonderful and the colors are almost as pretty as the yarn you are working with. It is so nice of you to share your talents with your readers. Sure hope Jack will continue to come out and celebrate Halloween once he is complete.
ReplyDeleteJack is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI love Jack. He will be a fine way to mark the month of October. Best of luck with the West Knit Along. A shawl in a month, especially one of his large ones, is crazy talk. Take it easy and take care of your hands.
ReplyDeleteOh, we love Jack! I'm glad it is his year to be finished and used! The new shawl plan is a great idea!
ReplyDelete