Friday, October 2, 2026

A Friday Finish

 

I finished winding my latest warp so that means.....



...the towel that was on the loom could be cut off. It's been sitting there finished for a while but I didn't want to take it off until I had something to put back on the loom.




And there it is. Another one of the Caribbean Plaid Huck Towels. This time in fall colors that make sense.




Not that I don't love this scrappy towel. It really grew on me.




After it's hemmed it gets unceremoniously dumped in the laundry with the other dirty kitchen towels for its wet blocking. It will look a lot different when it comes out. It's always an anxious moment. 




It made it through its first wash. It's all waffley and squishy now.  After a few more washes it will tighten it up even more. 




Since I've determined it to be a summer towel, right now it's resting with all my other towels. You can see why The Mister rolls his eyes when I tell him I'm making another one. It's like socks. I don't need anymore but I can't stop making them.
                                                 


5 comments:

  1. That new towel is very pretty and WOW! what a lot of towels you have!! They look so nice all stacked together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful that new towel is! (It's so nice that I would use it all year, not just in summer.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of that stack of towels! They are soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This towel is beautiful, love the bright colors! How fun to see all your towels, thanks for sharing.
    Happy October, happy weekend. xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The towel is terrific; congratulations.

    ReplyDelete