Oh, Snap...
The drive band on my little Ashford bobbin winder snapped the other day. I tried making do with some string but it didn't work. I've got a new band on the way but it won't get here until the middle of next week.
It hasn't been too much of a problem with this towel since I don't wind large amounts of any one color. All those different colors have made it very interesting to work on.
So much so that I dug out some fall colored cotton and then ordered two new colors to start warping another one. Now I just have to convince my back to let me get this done. I'm on the mend again and I hope to keep it this way this time. No bending, no lifting, no twisting. I need that tattooed on the back of my hand.
You have such an eye for color. The towel looks delightful. The Fall colors will make another wonderful addition to the towel collection.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the band breaking--you can always use a pencil in your drill to wind (that's what I do! lol) The new towel is gorgeous!!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely, cool Autumn colors!
ReplyDeleteThe new towel is just beautiful! Such cheerful colors.
ReplyDeleteTake good care of that back. Remind yourself in whatever way, not to over do. It's hard, I know from experience.
ReplyDeleteLOVE all the pretty colors. Sorry you had the band break. Anxious to see it progress. Hope the new band arrives on time.
ReplyDeleteThat looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteI hurt my back packing up my office and carrying it all down the hall (and I even left the "heavy" stuff for Dave!) Now everytime I do something up there I keep getting warning twinges - it's making getting the room done much slower than I would like it to be.