Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday Fluff: Canyon Camping

 

The spinning corner isn't going to see much action for a while. I'm all spun out but I did pull out the next bit of fiber that will be spun on the Ladybug. It's more Polwarth in the Canyon Camping colorway from Kim Dyes Yarn.



Before I could use the Ladybug again, she had to have some repairs. One of her foot pedals had come loose. She was limping along on those last few miles of the Vuelta. It was just some screws that needed to be tightened, thank goodness. 




She was a present from my kids the year I retired in 2010. If you are wondering why she's called a Ladybug, here is why. Every one of them has a hidden Ladybug somewhere on it. Mine is right behind the big red wheel. I think I gasped out loud when I saw the price of what they are selling for today. Yikes. She's a great wheel and I treat her with the most respect, only spinning the finest of clean fiber on her. Now I'm thinking I may need to take an insurance policy out on her. 





3 comments:

  1. You have thoughtful kids and you're smart to treat your Ladybug well. You've spun some beautiful yarn with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fiber to spin! I can't believe how all of the spinning wheel prices have climbed! Glad you could tune her up yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty new braid!
    I didn't know they had a ladybug on them - I will have to find Mom's next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete