Sunday, August 2, 2026

Zigging and Zagging

 

I've only got one more row to add to the Zig Zag quilt before the borders but that one last row has been a hair raising adventure. 



They were really skimpy with that lighter material and I ran out. Luckily, I saved all those dark blue and yellow HSTs that I ripped out because I've had to carefully pick out all those seams to make 10 more blocks to finish the whole thing off. I've also been in short supply of the charm squares so making sure I didn't back myself into a color corner was also a priority. For something that was supposed to be an easy summer project, it's been anything but. All my fault of course. Trying to make improvements over the designer's original plans never works out for me but I never seem to stop trying.

 





7 comments:

  1. Keep trying; make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s just a beautiful quilt, I love it. And your crocs are pretty cute, too. Happy August, keep cool😎
    Cheers, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your improvements are just that; they make things better. Don't stop trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those colors are just the cutest. So happy and perfect for summer.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this project but I'm sorry it has not been smooth sailing. I love the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks so pretty and modern--good job!

    ReplyDelete