Wednesday WIPs: A Love/Hate Relationship
I'm in love with those socks on the left. I hate the ones on the right. I have no idea what the people at Knit Picks were thinking when they came up with that odd striping pattern but it's awful. The Arne and Carlos socks on the left are supposed to be reminiscent of their trip to Africa but they are screaming Halloween to me. I see black cats and bats.
Another Hue Shift row is finished. I'm moving onto yellow next. I love this project. I can't believe I let it sit in my stash for years before I picked it up out of guilt.
The Chestnut sleeve is growing slower than I'd like. It's mainly because I have so many other things I'm really enjoying working on right now. It's hard to choose which project to pick up when I have a spare moment.
I'm happy to say I met my September goal with the Doodle Cowl. I think I'll sit out October because it's getting soooo long. The pattern calls for it to be 34" and it's already 26" so that doesn't leave me much room for holiday knitting. I want to work on it during Arne and Carlos' Christmas stocking KAL podcasts in November since I don't need another stocking. My goal is to wear it to the town Christmas parade on December 5th so I should be able to finish it up by then.
And a big thank you to Dee who sent me this beautiful yarn and adorable stitch markers. This is a new-to-me yarn brand that is incredibly soft. Right now it's on my "pet me" shelf until it tells me what it wants to be.
I agree with you; I would almost call that Knit Picks yarn hideous. But A&C came through with some much nicer yarn and all of your other projects are really beautiful. I'm always amazed at how many you've got going but I guess that's what happens when you're multicraftual!
ReplyDeleteI thought bats, too!
ReplyDeleteThat Knit Picks yarn is a case. What were they thinking? The A and C though will be fun to knit.
ReplyDeleteI adore the hue shift. I think maybe I should do one but then I am reminded of how long the too be knit list is, but then when has that ever stopped me!
ReplyDeleteLove the projects that keep you busy! The new stitch markers are perfect!
ReplyDelete