Wednesday WIPs:
I had convinced myself that the body of Chestnut was finished. I had even packed it up and got ready to work on the sleeves but then I measured it against Bon Amie and I see I still have a ways to go. One more pattern repeat should do it. I hope.
The cowl's August doodle is already finished I didn't plan on repeating myself when I picked the patterns but I did with the pine cone. Oh, well. Maybe I'll repeat it again on the end so it will look like I planned it.
I started a new row and a new color on the Hue Shift. There was a lot of ripping again this week. I'm not sure how I'm always getting the count wrong but I am. Now I am counting every darn row which honestly takes a lot of the fun out of it.
The sock basket I keep by the TV was empty after I finished the Uneek socks and that can't happen so I wound up this Stroll Handpaint in hopes of casting some new socks on. I bought this Hummingbird colorway hoping it would work for the Stroll Pi Shawl but it didn't. Like many of us, I'm pretty meh about life right now thanks to this never ending horrible heat wave so something that didn't involve matching was just what I needed. This miserable last gasp of summer needs to be as uncomplicated as possible.
Your several projects continue to be a delight to see. You've made progress on all fronts. And that new hummingbird yarn is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteChestnut and the Doodle Cowl are really works of art! I love these colors on the Hue Shift afghan, but sympathize with the wrong count. I'm having issues with seed stitch on the wrong side, so I can understand why you certainly need some uncomplicated knitting with a pretty skein.
ReplyDeleteYour color work never ceases to amaze me. I am terrible at it and yours are always so beautiful. That stroll is wonderful. My DIL would love socks in that color.
ReplyDeleteI agree about the last gasp of summer. I've over it. Yesterday was spent ALL day at the cardiologist and dentist. I was exhausted at the end of it all. I didn't even open up the computer. Just collapsed into my chair.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
Counting... Right?
ReplyDeletethe new socks will be beautiful to work with--the colorwork sweaters are stunning. The Hue Shift is gorgeous--even if you have to do a lot of counting! lol
ReplyDeleteLove the colour of the new sock yarn!
ReplyDelete