Sunday, August 23, 2026

Testing, Testing....

 

I had to get the ladder out and climb up to the top of my sewing room shelves yesterday so I could get down the testing pieces for the last soap making adventure. 



When I cut the loaves there's always one skinny end left and I use those for testing. They've all been sitting there curing for two months now so it's time to get started. 




Sadly, the Practical Magic inspired black soap did just what I feared it might. It bled gray onto a white washcloth from the overload of charcoal. I've been using it to wash my hair so it hasn't been a problem for me but I won't be gifting it. I'm hoping to re-home all the other bars when the weather takes a turn for the better. Watch this space. 





9 comments:

  1. They sure do look pretty all lined up like that. Sorry to read about the charcoal soap. But, at least it won't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW
    It looks magical.
    Sending you cheerful greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those soaps look lovely all lined up in a row, except for that black soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have the most wonderful crafting areas! I cannot even imagine where I could store craft items for so many different crafts. The soaps look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bubbles are enchanting. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful line up of soap. It looks like a bakery!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to get to try out all of your 'experiments'! Does the charcoal soap cover grey hair--you might have a new product! lol

    ReplyDelete