A False Start
The Mister went off to play golf so I thought I'd use my free time to sandwich up the Zig Zag. Didn't happen.
I got everything moved out of the dining area and moved everything I needed into the dining area. Measured, cut and sat down to pin when......I decided I hated the backing. It was too yellow. It's brighter than it looks here and there are no other similar yellows in the quilt so I pulled it all apart and put it all away.
But not before ordering more material. I'm trying the same fabric but in apricot this time. I've said it before but I'll say it again-I'm the worst at figuring out backing. This is when I really miss Joann's. I would take the top with me and figure it out there. It's not the same trying to do it online.
I think the yellow looks fine but you are really the best judge. I hope the apricot works!
ReplyDeleteYes, I miss JoAnns for just that reason--affordable backing fabric!!!!!! I find I stall on that step now. I do not really get concerned that much about table runner backing--the yellow would work just fine for me....
ReplyDeleteI honestly don't fuss too much about backs being the exact right shade... the back and the front are rarely seen together at the same time! Close is close enough for me!
ReplyDeleteTwo of the worst words: "Didn't happen."
ReplyDeleteI agree. I miss JoAnn’s a lot. Reasonable prices. The quilt looks great. I probably would have used that backing fabric.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy
I also miss JoAnn's. I hope the newly ordered quilt backing works out for you.
ReplyDelete