Loose Ends
That very ugly but very colorful warp that I had started getting on the loom has had a few hiccups.
Not the kind where you rip it all off and then sit in the corner and cry. It was the kind where I had thought I was ready for the next step but in the process of moving on I found an error that had to be pulled out and re-done.
The threading error was about in the middle so I have had to re-thread the heddles while also pulling them through the reed which is finicky work. It's probably for the best because it slows me down and makes me re-check my counting several times before I move on.
In the meantime, I've been putting the rolls of scrap cotton to use by tying up the skeins I was finishing during the TdF. They came in very handy but I'm really looking forward to using them for what they were intended for.
Pretty colors! That will be a lovely towel...or are you planning something else?
ReplyDeleteAnother towel. I'm sticking to what I do best.
DeleteSlowing down and counting is far better than crying in the corner. This will be a very colorful weave!
ReplyDeleteI have a warp ready to load but hesitate for just such a reason--I'm glad you are powering through the threads!
ReplyDeleteI like the colors a lot but as you know, it's all Greek to me and I get so confused by warp and weave and all of that lingo. I do love to see your progress and finishes though.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
This should be a stunning weave.
ReplyDelete