Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday Fluff: Running Out of Road

 

This is the last Friday Fluff post of the Tour. I'll do a final post on Monday when it's all over. Those three weeks go by so fast. I did finish one of my Wonderfully Wonky mitts. I've got another one cast one but I'm not sure I have enough plied yarn to finish it. 



Luckily I still have some singles from that spin on the Ashford left over from last year's Tour that I can ply to finish it up if I need to.



I might have defeated myself with this year's plan to knit a handspun polwarth pi shawl from the pastel skeins I bought but after digging in my stash I realized I had already made that yarn. In 2015.




I was so bored right after the Tour that year that I took a big braid of white polwarth and dyed it in the microwave.



I'm not sure how I managed to do such a better job of it in 2015 than I did this time around but I certainly did. This is just what I was hoping for so Pi shawl number two is now on the needles. 




8 comments:

  1. One pi shawl is a lot; two is momentous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wonky mitt is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pi shawl is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the results of this year's projects! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love every single color of your spinning. That shawl is going to be so lovely.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete