Wednesday WIPs: Hundertwassers Werk
Let's talk about these socks. I'm not happy that they look like they are from two different skeins. They are not. Lefty is very stripey. Righty is what I expect from Miss Bab's sock yarn. Little pops of color on a gentle gradient background. This is the second year in a row that I've taken issue with the dye jobs. Last year it was pooling. I think this is the last of her MDSW colorways that I'm going to buy. There's plenty of other sock yarn out there to explore.
Like this one that just arrived. I know I don't need anymore sock yarn but I needed this one.
Have you ever seen so much chaos in a colorway? Me either. It's insane. I had to have it as a palette cleanser from that disappointing yarn that's doing me wrong.
This yarn collection was inspired by the works of Austrian painter Friedenreich Hundertwasser. If I didn't already have enough sock yarn to open my own yarn shop, I'd buy the whole collection.
WOW! That new Opal yarn is crazy. And gorgeous. I love it! I've never been all that impressed with Miss Babs' yarn. I think the socks look fine, but if they are not winning you over....
ReplyDeleteThose Miss Babs socks do look different; the one on the left looks darker to me. It's a shame because they are pretty colors. Hundertwassers Werk is wild!
ReplyDeleteOpal is a terrific brand.
ReplyDeleteHow disappointing with the Miss Baby. They definitely look different. The other yarn is so fun. I may have to look for that next time I'm in London ordering yarn from Opal.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Both socks are pretty. On my monitor, the balls of yarn alsoo look to be slightly different shades.
ReplyDeleteThe MDSW yarn is disappointing--one of those occasions when you have to blend both skeins in one sock knitting at a time. Or...just live with it! lol The last ball of Opal yarn is perfections!!!! Have fun with that one!
ReplyDeleteOh I think they nailed that last ball!
ReplyDelete