The Dragon Boat races were very meh this year. No costumes. I had a good view from a nice shady spot. Thankfully the weather was better than Friday's 100 degrees that that they say felt like 107. I believe it.
Everyone just wore their team tee shirt and black shorts. No fun there. The vendors were a little sparse too.
There was some drama. One of the boats went over. I've never seen that before. They also had to pull the drummers off the boats because it was getting so rough. Pup and I sat in the shade for a few hours watching until she'd had enough. I went home and left The Mister there and then went back and picked him up later. He was burned to a crisp.




Hope everyone in the dragon boat that went over was okay. Looks like the drum stayed in the boat.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that veggie season is really getting started. Steve bought some HUGE beets with the tops still on. Now I need to Google how to cook beet greens.
Your vegetables look great and drinking a g&t while fixing minestrone sounds like the perfect way to prepare dinner. I hope you get your cauliflower next week.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy hearing and seeing the dragon boats and the costumes. I wonder why they abandoned those this year. And one capsized! What a nice way to spend the morning but sorry about The Misters sunburn. That is definitely no fun. Nice looking bunch of veggies. The zucchini looks so good.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
I considered planting beets - but I don't like them and I don't think Dave would eat enough. I'm already overrun with radishes only he will eat!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was still a good time! I love fresh vegetables!
ReplyDeleteI bought a delicious head of cauliflower at the farmer's market today (finally, a farmer!)
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice summer outing. It's so nice that the Farmer's Market and the fresh veggies are available. It almost makes cooking appealing to me.
ReplyDelete